Senior Manager, Administration
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Senior Manager, Administration to join our progressive and high-performing team! This position is well suited for an individual with strong leadership skills and the ability to coach, delegate and foster a team environment.
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. With 18 locations from Halifax to Cape Breton and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Vice-President of Risk, the Senior Manager of Administration is responsible for providing strategic insight, leadership, direction and support on matters related to the administrative support services at East Coast Credit Union and playing an active role in the development and implementation of new initiatives, programs, policies, procedures and special projects that support member service.
- Ensure direct reports provide exceptional internal and external member service and follow internal service level standards as developed by the Credit Union. Assign, monitor and supervise the workload to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of work.
- Oversee the activities of direct reports responsible for the verification of proper procedures and completeness of documentation for all personal and commercial loans and mortgages in accordance with established policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Provide ongoing coaching and conduct regular department meetings to ensure the Administration team is well informed of the changes to policies and procedures, company direction, results and important developments.
- Lead the development and implementation of the department’s initiatives, programs, policies and procedures and support corporate initiatives as required.
- Develop and monitor the annual departmental plan and budget and ensure that staff efforts are focused on achieving goals and are aligned with the credit union’s strategic objectives. Provide input into the Credit Union’s strategic plan.
- Maintain awareness of changes in the deposits and credit granting fields, including government regulation, technological advancements, consumer needs and preferences, and product offerings and services by other financial institutions.
- Liaise with external partners to review and discuss any reporting and compliance requirements related to the Administration department.
- Ensure branch compliance with audit and security standards, policies and procedures, and loss prevention measures. Assist the Credit Union in achieving satisfactory audit and review results.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business or Commerce.
- A minimum of six to nine years relevant experience, including three to five years supervisory experience in a financial institution; or equivalent combination of training, experience in the financial industry.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to coach, delegate and foster a team environment.
- Knowledge of products and services as well as policies and regulatory environment.
- Exceptional communication, critical thinking and relationship building skills with the proven ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion.
- Proficiency with data systems, software applications and technology.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to apply technology to business challenges.
- Experience working in a unionized environment is considered an asset.
- Flexible work arrangements including Flex Time, Telework and compressed work week.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and personal development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Generous benefit package including Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by employer) and up to 9% contribution with employer match in the Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to: wellness credit; reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please email your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until June 2, 2021.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.