Social Media & Events Coordinator
Who We Are:
We are the largest Credit Union in Atlantic Canada with $1.2 billion in assets and serving approximately 35,076 members in 10 branch locations across PEI.
We are committed to the following core values in operating our organization:
- We go above and beyond for our people – members, staff, and board.
- We are accountable and have integrity.
- We work together as a team.
- We seek to continuously improve.
- We act in the best interests of our communities.
Who You Are:
You are an enthusiastic individual with excellent knowledge of social media platforms. You have great communication skills, and excellent planning and time management skills. As a key member of the marketing team, you will help plan and coordinate the operations of the social media channels of Provincial Credit Union as well as act as a representative in the community and other sponsored events.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and curate engaging content for social media platforms.
- Assist in the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content.
- Maintain a unified brand voice across different social media channels.
- Collaborate with marketing team to create a social media calendar.
- Monitor social media channels for industry trends.
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments.
- Review analytics and create reports on key metrics.
- Provide input into the development and management of social media marketing and influencer marketing strategy.
- Represent the Provincial Credit Union at parades, events, festivals, and sponsorships across the province and create engaging posts and/or videos to publish on social media.
- Develop and execute activities for corporate sponsored events.
- Support the Marketing Department with key marketing initiatives.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
What You Have:
Required Education and Experience
- College diploma or bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Business Administration, or related program
- Previous experience in Marketing, Public Relations or Social Media would be considered an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge and responsible use of all social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking.
- Ability to write clear and engaging social media content.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be willing to take on some additional training and/or courses to keep up to date with the changes and perform the assigned job duties successfully.
- Must be willing to travel across PEI, occasionally.
- Valid Driver’s License with a minimum two years and a clean driving record (abstract will be required)
What We Offer:
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Market competitive compensation plus annual bonus.
- Generous benefit package including flexible health and dental Plan, sick time, and 6% contribution with employer match in a Defined Contribution Pension Plan and Group Retirement Saving Plan with up to 3% employer contribution.
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks per year plus 4 personal days.
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and career progression opportunities.
- Additional employee perks including but not limited to, annual fitness and clothing allowance, and reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and no service fee banking.
- Salary range for this position: $49,942.68 – $58,756.10
Do you think you would be a good fit for the role? Tell us why by submitting your resume and cover letter no later than February 15th, 2023.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Provincial Credit Union invites applications from all qualified individuals. Provincial Credit Union is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.