Student Financial Services Representative – New Glasgow, NS
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Financial Services Representative – Summer Student to join our team! This position is located in our New Glasgow Branch. It is well suited for a student enrolled in a post-secondary institution who has exceptional customer service experience and is seeking an opportunity in a progressive and innovative organization.
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. With 18 locations from Halifax to Cape Breton and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for providing counter and telephone service to current and prospective members; processing financial transactions including daily balancing of cash and transactions; assisting members with their financial needs and promoting credit union products and services.
As this is a Summer Student position, the incumbent is required to be available when required and be flexible to work any day of the week from Monday to Friday. Hours will vary based on the operational needs of the branch. You may be required to work in various Branch locations.
- Provide exceptional customer service to current and prospective
- Pro-actively identify members’ financial needs; suggest appropriate product or service and refer members to other departments.
- Process various financial transactions and balance daily work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Understand all products and services offered by East Coast Credit These include but not limited to facts and features; benefits and advantages; rules and regulations and price structure.
- Assist in the promotion of new products and services to Credit Union
- Respond to member inquiries and resolve any concerns or
- Follow the Credit Union’s security and risk management
- Demonstrate a team approach and provide support to the Front Line
- Complete other duties as
- Superior customer service and business development
- Proven ability to achieve and exceed business/sales objectives
- An outgoing and self-motivated nature with strong work ethics
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proven history of accuracy and high attention to details (data entry, paperwork, cash balancing)
- Superior communication and time management
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused
- Very competitive
How to apply…
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please email your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until April 6, 2023.
Learn more about working with us here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5CJRBil5lo
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted