Supervisor, Member Advice Centre Nova Scotia, East Coast Credit Union
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Supervisor, Member Advice Centre (MAC). This position can be located in our Dartmouth, Antigonish or Port Hawkesbury locations. The role is well suited for a dynamic individual with a passion for innovation, proven leadership skills, and a strong technical aptitude. The incumbent must be able to work a flexible schedule between 8:00am and 8:00pm, Monday – Friday with the potential for weekend work in the future. Ability to travel periodically across the province to meet with the Member Advice Centre team is also required.
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. With 18 locations from Halifax to Cape Breton and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Manager, Digital & Member Experience, the Supervisor, Member Advice Centre is responsible for leading and supporting a team of Member of Advice Centre Specialist and assisting the Manager, Digital & Member Experience in the delivery of virtual branch growth; digital business processes; profitability; business development; member retention; member outreach and satisfaction.
- Assist the Manager, Digital and Member Experience in maintaining a highly engaged team as first point of contact for the Credit Union.
- Lead direct reports to achieve higher standards and promote a commitment to excellence in service, sales, continuous learning, and technology-driven products and processes.
- Coordinate and manage the activities of the Member Advice Centre Specialists; develop schedules and ensure adequate staffing complement to provide an optimal level of service to members.
- Provide guidance, scripting, training, data monitoring and support to ensure the delivery of a meaningful and exceptional member experience via various digital channels. Monitor call volumes and email queue; track the quality and call response time; address member concerns and operational questions; receive escalated phone calls; ensure adherence to service standards, policies and procedures and generate various reports as required.
- Assist with the development of the member digital experience and implementation of new technologies including but not limited to e-mail strategies, chat functionality, mobile, online appointments, online applications, form automation and other digital enhancements.
- Assist with communicating & implementing new products, services, programs, changes to policies and procedures and efficient processes. Provide training on the programs used in the Member Advice Center and ensure consistent use and application of all required tools.
- Volunteer and support community initiatives and complete other projects as assigned.
- Complete other projects and duties as assigned.
- Completed a certificate or diploma in Business (or other relevant academic experience)
- Five years of relevant experience and a minimum of two years in a leadership role; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Previous experience in a call center type environment and/or in the financial industry is a strong asset.
- An engaging leader with the ability to coach and foster a team.
- Passionate about innovation with a strong technical background/digital proficiency.
- A great communicator with time management skills.
- Passionate about providing exceptional customer service.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and personal development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Flexible work arrangements including Flex Time, Telework and compressed work week on approval.
- Generous benefit package including a Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by employer) and up to 9% contribution with employer match in the Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to wellness credit; reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
Applications will be accepted until: June 23, 2023.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At East Coast Credit Union, we believe everyone has potential. If you are excited about this career opportunity and your experience may not perfectly align with every qualification in this job posting, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this role or other opportunities we may have.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At East Coast Credit Union, we are passionate about creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and believe a diversity of perspectives, experiences and backgrounds benefit our employees, our members, and our communities.
East Coast Credit Union is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 902.464.7124