Supervisor, Member Service – Charlottetown, PEI
Who We Are:
We are the largest Credit Union in Atlantic Canada with $1.2 billion in assets and serving approximately 35,076 members in 10 branch locations across PEI.
We are committed to the following core values in operating our organization:
- We go above and beyond for our people – members, staff, and board.
- We are accountable and have integrity.
- We work together as a team.
- We seek to continuously improve.
- We act in the best interests of our communities.
Who You Are:
The Supervisor, Member Service is responsible for the effective supervision and coaching of the Member Service Representative’s, ensuring that workflow and performance are kept at a superior level. The Supervisor, Member Services will ensure that members receive quality service while maintaining the safety of member and Credit Union assets through the adherence to security and risk management policies and procedures.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for direct supervision and coaching of MSR’s ensuring they have the necessary training, resources and coaching to provide the expected level of service to members.
- Completes regular one on one coaching with direct reports and provides scheduled feedback and interim progress based on performance measurements and completes annual performance reviews.
- Oversees and manages the branch treasury and ensures that risk management guidelines are being followed.
- Ensures Risk Management procedures are followed as required and ensures daily, weekly, monthly reports, audit procedures and controls are in place.
- Regularly meets with and informs staff with changes to policies and procedures and promotes Provincial Credit Union Strategic Plan.
- Provides account services to members in a courteous and professional manner by receiving, processing and recording financial transactions when required.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge of the position by completing training and development as required.
- Contributes to a team effort by accomplishing corporate and individual goals.
- Completes other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or management.
What You Have:
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma with at least five years’ experience in related financial services responsibilities.
Skills and Abilities:
- Procedural knowledge of risk and cash management procedures.
- Experience and eagerness to provide coaching, guidance and leadership to staff and lead by example with superior customer service.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
- Professional manner and poise, and sensitivity in dealing with confidential information and materials.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate proficiency required in Microsoft Suite and demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to new technologies.
What We Offer:
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Market competitive compensation plus annual bonus.
- Generous benefit package including flexible health and dental Plan, sick time, and 6% contribution with employer match in a Defined Contribution Pension Plan and Group Retirement Saving Plan with up to 3% employer contribution.
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks per year plus 4 personal days.
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and career progression opportunities.
- Additional employee perks including but not limited to, annual fitness and clothing allowance, and reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and no service fee banking.
- Salary range for this position: $63,771.81 – $75,025.66.
Do you think you would be a good fit for the role? Tell us why by submitting your resume and cover letter no later than March 22nd, 2023.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Provincial Credit Union invites applications from all qualified individuals. Provincial Credit Union is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.