Vice President (VP) of IT & Innovation
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a progressive and high–performing team in the
beautiful province of Nova Scotia? East Coast Credit Union is currently seeking a Vice
President (VP) of IT & Innovation. This is a perfect opportunity for a forward–thinking individual
who has a passion for innovative solutions, technology and project management.
East Coast Credit Union is a full–service financial cooperative organization that is deeply
committed to the communities in which we live and work. With 18 locations from Halifax to Cape
Breton and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing
an exceptional member experience.
Reporting directly to the President and CEO, you will be responsible for actively identifying key
areas for innovative transformation, overseeing the development of projects and plans and
ensuring successful integration and implementation of various technology solutions that align
and support the Credit Union’s strategic priorities.
As a member of the executive leadership team, you would provide strategic and operational
leadership and advice for creating and executing technology strategies and investment
opportunities to accelerate business growth, increase member retention and employee
engagement and ensure long–term competitiveness of the organization. You would lead the
adoption of industry standards for systems integration, member convenience and service,
cybersecurity and regulations. You would mentor and continue to build a top tier IT operation
and ensure technology delivers exceptional value within the organization. You would oversee
the project management office and provide support, leadership and guidance in the
achievement of corporate–wide objectives and business projects.
You will interact with all levels of the organization and champion innovation, process
modernization and a diverse and inclusive culture. Collaborative and team–oriented, you are a
strong communicator and a natural relationship builder who can manage multiple stakeholder
relationships by establishing trust and credibility. You possess a comprehensive understanding
of the financial services industry and its current and future challenges and opportunities.
You also have…
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer
Engineering, or related field required.
• Master’s Degree in Business is preferred.
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in Information Technology including five years in
senior management/executive level capacity, preferably in the financial industry or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A proven track record of leading corporate–wide initiatives and using data and technology to
capitalize on business opportunities.
• Strong understanding of technical infrastructure, strong project management acumen, and
excellent vendor management skills.
• Ability to leverage influencing and negotiation skills to enable cost–effective and innovative
• Strong leadership skills and ability to coach, delegate and foster a team environment.
• Demonstrated business acumen in financial analysis, reporting, forecasting and solid
understanding of operations.
• Experience driving, leading and managing organizational change.
• Proficiency with IT applications, technologies, software applications and systems.
• Flexible work arrangements including Flex Time, Telework and Hybrid.
• Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community–focused team.
• Competitive compensation and benefits with performance–based incentives.
• Generous benefit package including Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by
employer) and up to 9% contribution with employer match in the Defined Contribution
• Tuition reimbursement, training, and personal development.
• Additional employee perks include but not limited to: wellness credit; reduced rates on
employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter in
Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. A complete position profile is available
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual
Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be